A good luxurious hotel is a must for a good holiday. It can make or break your vacation. Unfortunately there is no single formula for hotel search. Expensive might not be necessarily good, especially when it comes to hotels. And that is why we recommend that you do a good research before you book that luxury hotel for your next trip.
But how do you select a hotel? And more importantly, do you really trust the photographs and descriptions of the hotels that they boast of to just get bookings? Traveler reviews can be helpful, but you need to be careful – your and reviewer’s definition of luxury could be drastically different. Then there’s the problem of the reviewer’s motivation. The more reviews you read, the more you notice how they tend to cluster at the extremes of opinion. On one end, you have angry reviewers with axes to grind; at the other, you have delighted guests who lavish praise beyond belief.
Though we are not suggesting that you completely ignore reviews online, you should also consider what is really important to you when selecting a luxury hotel. You should then choose an online hotel directory that gives up-to-date, independent, impartial information that really matters. Trip Advisor can be a good place to start.
Here are some important points you should keep in mind while selecting a luxury hotel.
1. Location is important: Carefully choose where your hotel is. On the beach, close to the theme park, next to airport, close to shopping street or maybe far away from your relative’s home. Whatever is your reason, do select an appropriate location. Saving time on a vacation is a real luxury. Google Maps should be able to give you location for any hotel. You can also search for a ‘distance from important places’ chart for a particular hotel.
2. Find your style: It is important to choose a hotel that makes you feel comfortable – contemporary or traditional furnishings, local decor or international, formal or relaxed. You might also want to experiment with a new style every vacation. The hotel’s website should give you a decent idea about that.
3. Eating & Drinking: You should definitely try local food, but sometimes your taste buds just long for some known delicacies. Make sure your hotel serves your favorite cuisines. Hotel’s own restaurants and bars can play an important part in your stay. You should be aware of choice, particularly about breakfast facilities.
4. Inside the Room: you should always carefully consider the type of facilities you need from your bedroom and find the hotel that has those you consider important. The hotel directory website should elaborate on matters such as: bed size, Internet Access, complimentary amenities, views from the room and luxury offerings like a Pillow menu or Bath menu, choice of smoking or non smoking rooms, view from the room, availability of non-regional TV channels, floral menu etc.
5. Children’s’ Facilities: Must for family travelers. You should find out just how child friendly the hotel is. One thing worth looking for is whether the hotel offers a baby sitters service. For the business traveler wishing to escape children this is of course very relevant too – perhaps a hotel that is not child friendly would be something more appropriate! You don’t want to hear children crying while you are in middle of a meeting.
6. Leisure Facilities: Spa, pool, jacuzzi, gym, sauna, sports, club etc are common. Find out in advance if they have the service you are interested in.
7. Special Needs: You should know hotel’s special needs services and accessibility policy. Whilst again this does not apply to every visitor, it is absolutely vital to some.
And now if you are thinking, how to find out all these details? Simple, just send an email to the hotel and you should have most of your answers. Hope these tips help you make your next vacation memorable and more fun. Happy Journey 🙂