The Place and People
Lunch is served buffet style as well as a la carte at their restaurant called ‘Spice It’. The place is quiet and very welcoming. Good enough to hang out for a couple of hours after the meal and have a discussion over a cup of coffee. The staff was very good to talk to and always tried to strike a general conversation, without trying to sell any service.
The lunch buffet is not a lavish one but perfect for a decent mid-journey meal. The spread was as expected from any restaurant in an economy hotel.
- Salads: 5-6 types of fresh salads
- Soups: Veg and Non-veg
- Main Course: 2 Non-veg and 2 veg dishes, dal, rice etc.
- Bread Basket: Good rotis, naans/parathas etc served hot and soft. Really good.
- Made to order: A speciality, which I assume changes daily, made as per your order. Not great.
- Extras: Papad, Pickles, Raita etc were good
- Desserts: Some really nice looking pastries and choice of ice-creams.
Rs.399 plus taxes. The food was definitely worth the bill.
Apart from food, ibis Mumbai is also a good place to stay near the Mumbai Airport.